10 Helpful Tips from LOVE SCOUT’S "Get Lucky with LIV" on scouting for that New Year’s Eve Kiss
1. Sparkle It’s NYE, so bring your 'A' game! Dress to kill! NYE is the perfect time to get your sparkle and shine on. When you look good, you feel good. Wear something that you’re not only comfortable in, but 100 percent confident in! There is no worse buzz kill than a pair of stilettos that make your feet bleed or a dress so short you can’t move, or a T-shirt so thin you’re shivering!
2. Have a Plan An important aspect to getting your NYE kiss is being at the right place! Plan your night out. Know where you’re going and who you’re going with, so you’re not stressing about last minute plans! You can’t welcome a NYE smooch without being relaxed and at the right location!
3. Do your own LOVE SCOUTING! When you arrive, don’t commit to a location! Work the room and introduce yourself to people. Be the life of the party and scope out all of the singles. They’re looking too! So find each other! Take an inventory of the room! Remember: your NYE kiss is not always about finding Mr. or Ms. Right, sometimes it’s just about Mr. or Ms. Right NOW! You have to start somewhere!
4. Don’t Get TOO tipsy! Your night doesn’t end at midnight! NYE is about having fun, but you don’t want to be the sloppy drunk who doesn’t make it until the ball drops! Be sure to eat first and pace yourself throughout the night! NYE is a night you’ll want to remember!
5. Confidence is KEY Laughing and smiling makes you approachable! Who doesn’t want to snag the life of the party? Guys love a confident woman! And women love an approachable man! Shine your light! Remember: there is a difference between being confident and being totally cocky.
6. Body Language Don’t close yourself off! Don’t huddle in a corner with your friends! Make eye contact and smile! Constantly check your body language. You want to look approachable, so no crossed arms or nail biting! Definitely keep your cell phone in your clutch, who are you texting on NYE? Nobody! It’s not until after that kiss that you’ll have something to text about!
7. Pick Your Prey It’s 11:30pm and midnight is almost here. So if you haven’t already, it’s time to decide who you want for your NYE kiss! Engage that special someone in conversation, dance, or get a drink together! Use NYE as a conversation piece or reflect on your best moments of 2011, or your 2012 resolutions! Stay positive and avoid negative topics! If you’re feeling extra confident, drops some hints for sharing that midnight moment! "Whaddya say we bring this New Year’s in together?"
8. Last Looks Check your breath! Champagne and booze can be one of the biggest breath killers so around 11:55 POP A MINT! Check your teeth and lips!
9. Proximity At 11:57pm snuggle up to your chosen one. Ask if they are ready for the countdown. Share your party swag. Blow your horn! If you are in proximity around midnight, it’s an open invitation to go in for that embrace!
10. GO IN FOR THE KILL! It’s midnight! Smooch your way into 2012!
Get Lucky Everyone! -- LIV. Out. Loud. OX
Liv Alexander appears on Love Scouts, a so new Oxygen special on Tuesday, December 20th at 11/10c.